JLT has extensive experience and an in-depth understanding of the evolving mergers and acquisitions insurance market.
We provide our clients with bespoke insurance products to address the risks in transactions. As we are a part of JLT's global Mergers & Acquisitions Team, we have access to local expertise in all the important global M&A hubs.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Our insurance solutions to buyers and sellers cover the following areas:
- A seller seeking a cleaner exit from the business and materially restricting the buyer’s recourse in the transaction agreement.
- Private equity seller, trust seller or multiple selling parties who need to address the long-term transaction liabilities once the deal has completed.
- A distressed seller who wants to immediately realise the sale proceeds when there is nobody to support deal warranties or where the buyer has concerns over the financial stability of the seller.
- A seller needs balance sheet protection following the completion of sale or an alternative to an escrow arrangement.
- A buyer with insufficient sale contract limitation period.
- A buyer needs to differentiate his or her bid in an auction process.
- When our client needs to satisfy banking or shareholder governance requirements.
- When parties are unable to come to an agreement using traditional methods of negotiation.
- A buyer does not wish to pursue a claim against his or her new management team.
Our solutions and products apply to all business sectors, with particular expertise in the following sectors:
- Communications, Technology and Media
- Financial Services
- Life Sciences
- Real Estate